Who is Bioptechs?
Bioptechs is an innovative American optical engineering company that develops, and manufacturers live-cell microscopy environmental control systems used for qualitative and or quantitative light microscopy. Most of our customers are university level researchers engaged in basic science or disease research. Bioptechs has developed and patented several technologies which are indispensable to todays technological requirements for live-cell microscopy. They include:
- Microaqueduct laminar perfusion in a temperature controlled optical cavity
- A unique symmetric closure mechanism for optical cavities
- Objective thermal regulation devices to eliminate thermal gradients in the specimen area when using high numeric aperture objectives
- A unique hybrid culture dish system specifically designed for live-cell microscopy which utilizes a highly efficient and accurate technology to uniformly maintain the thermal, optical and fluid requirements of cultured cells and tissue.
- A new microscope technology that instantly and continuously corrects the focus of a specimen in the back focal plane of the objective while also correcting spherical aberration without altering the distance from the lens to the specimen so that the scope can function autonomously. It also has the ability to track motile cells in 3D, independent of the coverslip position, or provide continuous focus correction for serpentine scanning applications. Over more than 25 years Bioptechs’ products have demonstrated their ability to out-perform traditional systems and have become the preferred method of micro-environmental control for researchers worldwide. Bioptechs manufactures more than 150 standardized products, countless custom solutions, and provide customers with a variety of related products and services.
We are proud to have developed the first precision micro-environmental control system back in 1992. 100%of Bioptechs engineering and designs are original and designed for specific needs of today's researchers that we support worldwide. Several companies worldwide have tried to copy our technology (with no success) and have even copy and pasted our content, but nobody delivers the original quality technology and experience that we are known for.
We proudly manufacture, assemble, and test all our products in house at our manufacturing facility located in western Pennsylvania, USA. Our products are backed by a one year warranty. Every that leaves our facility has been tested and checked by our team to meet your specifications.
We continue to work with researchers around the world to develop and customize solutions for the most demanding needs of the life science imaging market. Both with our new products and our custom projects we put our efforts into the details of creating the best system available.
Our MISSION is simple our MARKET is complex
Man is a highly complex biological structure whose composition is being studied at every level from subatomic structure to behavioral science. Within this range lies the area of cell biology. Scientists now have innovative tools available to them, such as highly sensitive electronic cameras interfaced to computers, microscopes which are able to optically detect minute traces of specialized dyes or indicators, and micro-environmental control systems that can simulate any desired environmental conditions. This instrumentation can provide visualization and quantitation of processes and behaviors within the cell that were previously unobtainable.
Bioptechs recognizes the importance of the ability to accurately observe and analyze live cells as a critical component of modern biological experimentation. Although our systems are currently used primarily in research applications, we expect in the near future that live specimens obtained from patients will be analyzed by means of a short time-lapse to quickly determine the most appropriate treatment as a valuable and routine procedure.
It is our mission is to utilize its vast experience in micro-environmental control systems to produce micro-observation systems essential for these advancements.